Full time, year-round, salaried
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the organization’s bookkeeping and financial reporting; accounts payable & accounts receivable; payroll processing; business filings and record-keeping. This position will support Artpark’s President in financial reporting, budget planning and monitoring, direct communications with outside vendors and customers regarding accounts payable and receivable. Works with Artpark’s outside financial and human resources companies.
Duties and Responsibilities
Bookkeeping and Reporting:
- Record and maintain all company financial transactions in QuickBooks
- Maintain and reconcile all company bank accounts
- Process and follow through on all receivables and payable as per contractual obligations and President's direction
- Maintain accurate financial records. Prepare monthly financial reporting, statements.
- Produce reconciliation reports on concerts and events
- Maintain grant budgets and complete grant reporting requirements
- Support annual Audit activity
- Prepare year end fiscal reporting
- Process payroll for: staff, production stagehands and artists. Properly process garnishments, draws and payroll taxes.
- Issue annual W-2 and contractor 1099 statements
President & Board of Directors Support:
- Support President on preparation and monitoring of organization’s operating budget and cash flows
- File executed agreements; manage payment schedules as per organization’s contractual obligations (A/P; A/R)
- File and maintain required licensing/permits necessary for the normal course of business in live entertainment/concessions/health and safety (with the support of specialty staff)
- Order office supplies
- Manage service calls for phones, internet and computer
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting plus 5 years of bookkeeping and financial reporting experience or 10 years of bookkeeping and financial experience required.
- 5 years of people management experience required.
- Previous experience in arts/entertainment with knowledge of box office and sales of food and beverage operations, including Ticketmaster experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Financial acumen
- Strong people management skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible and able to manage multiple and often conflicting priorities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office/QuickBooks
- Knowledge of box office and sales of food and beverage operations very important. Artpark’s current Box Office software is provided by Ticketmaster.
- Majority of the work time is conducted in an office or meeting setting.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Light lifting, standing and limited physical activity.
- Regular walking, typing, reading, and talking is required.
$55,500-$68,000 annually, depending on experience and qualifications.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter detailing your relevant background and skills, plus three references. Applications will be reviewed as received, and the position will remain open until a candidate is hired. Please email to: [email protected] with the subject line: Staff Accountant Search
Artpark is an equal-opportunity employer.